Picky partner, home-loving husband, bored brother, sporty dad? Whichever guy you’re buying for this Father’s Day, we know men can be notoriously difficult to shop for. So here’s our 7 best-kept secrets to celebrate your man with the perfect pressie.
1. Shop for his favourite food A home-cooked meal, how mum cooked when he was a kid …. a favourite dish, but this time cooked by you, brings those memories back. Cook his favourite food (with his favourite drink, of course) - the best present of all. Shop for his favourite drinks on Lasoo.
2. Shop for the outdoors Not all guys are sporty - but … they all harbour dreams of heroic wins on the football field, or wherever. If his life isn’t just the HD TV/remote, then sporting gifts are always much appreciated. If his glory days are long gone, then buy a pressie to enjoy the outdoors more, like a portable barbecue. Shop for sports and outdoor pressies on Lasoo.
3. Shop for the kid inside Yes, the kids get the gaming toys at Christmas and birthdays, but don’t forget he is still a kid at heart, too. All guys love gadgets to play with - so think of grown-up tech toys like a tough mobile for a tradie hubby, tablet computer for a techhead mate. Shop for gaming gear on Lasoo.
4. Shop the shoes for him Many guys feel clueless about shoes - yet they make such a dress statement about a guy. Buy a pair of best brogues to polish, a pair of RM boots to get that country feeling… even new trainers will go down well. Find more men’s fashion on Lasoo.
5. Shop for his jocks Men have been wearing underwear since 13thC, and some guys look like they’re still wearing the same pair! Shop for his inner wear - boxers usually go down well, even a men’s bikini will be a winner if his trousers are skinny. And if you want to shop for his celebrity within (see No 6), then buy one of the many celeb/designer pairs. Find more men’s fashion on Lasoo.
6. Shop for his celebrity within Who are his heroes? The celeb (or movie) he admires, TV stars he watches, sporting icons etc, all can guide you heaps in your pressie-buying spree. Find his celeb’s fragrance, his sporting hero’s biography, even a Nespresso if he likes George Clooney - or maybe that’s one better left for the girls! Find more men’s fashion on Lasoo.
7. Shop for his mind He’ll always thank you for valuing his mind …buy a book by his favourite author, a book on his favourite hobby, the book his favourite movie is based on … show him that you know, and appreciate, his masculine mind. And if he’s really not into books, then perhaps a camera for his creative mind. Find digital cameras on Lasoo.
And don’t forget to enter our Celebration of Man competition! $6,000 of prizes to be won, starting 22nd August, ends 30th September 2011.
All you have to do to enter our Lasoo Celebration of Man competition, is to select a product from the weekly Secret Category, and tell us in 25 words or less (under your chosen product on the Lasoo website in Leave a Comment box) why a man would love the product you’ve chosen.
Each week, the best answer will win a $1,000 Lasoo Gift card.
Terms and Conditions.